What’s your favorite memory of Door County in the summertime? Is it relaxing on the beach at Whitefish Dunes, sailing on Lake Michigan, or perhaps picking cherries at Seaquist Orchards? If you answered any of the above, chances are you’ll be heading back to the Peninsula this summer to create new memories. To get you warmed up for your next adventure, WhooNEW found these vintage postcards that will have you dreaming of what’s ahead. Enjoy and dream away!
1. Cherry Blossom Time
2. Sailing at Wisconsin’s Air-Conditioned Playground, Sturgeon Bay
3. Baudhuin’s Yacht Harbor on Nautical Drive, West Sturgeon Bay
4. Village of Fish Creek and Bluff from Weborg’s Point
5. Anderson’s Boat Dock, Ephraim
6. Picturesque Sister Bay
7. Greetings from Door County
So what’s your favorite place or thing to do in Door County in the summer? Let us know in the comments. Also, if you are looking for other great places to explore in Door County, check out these articles on WhooNEW:
- Sister Bay Bowl, a strike above the rest [Slideshow]
- “Untitled” Used and Rare Books, Maps & Ephemera — Confessions of a Bibliophile [Slideshow]
- Five Trails to Get You Moving This Spring, or, Scoots, Grab Your Hiking Boots
And if you liked this story, LIKE WHOONEW ON FACEBOOK! We’ve got many more interesting articles about life in Northeast Wisconsin coming your way soon. You can also subscribe by email so you’ll never miss anything.